Park Lane, (North Road) * It would seem from the 1841 Census that these premises were situated between Great George Street and Meadow Street, on the east side of North Road. * Probably synonymous with "Machine Makers' Arms" later the "New Inn"
which were situated on the southern corner of Great George Street. *
In the Preston Chronicle of 25th May 1839, there was
a reference to 'the late Hunt's Tavern' in North Road.
Almost certainly the 'Hunt' referred to was Henry 'The Orator' Hunt,
the controversial Liberal MP for Preston in the early 1830's.