DOG AND DUCK
1850 Mr. Newton
The 'FOX AND DUCK' in Croft Street (off Marsh Lane) opened
around this time. The landlord (and owner of the property) was
John Newton. Possibly he had a beer-house with a similar name prior
to taking that on, or perhaps there's an error in the reporting.
To balance that, the name came up twice within 5 months, although
the second report doesn't mention Marsh Lane.
Any help appreciated!
|Preston Chronicle 23rd February 1850|
|Preston Chronicle 27th July 1850|