16 Church Street
Caffe, Restaurant and Coffee House.
Opposite the Parish Church [Minster]
1850 - 51 James Cobb
(Proprietor of the Cafe, Restaurant, and Dining Rooms)
Gratefull acknowledges the kind support he had
received from the inhabitants of Preston and the
neighbourhood since he opened his establishment
opposite the Town Hall.
In order to better accomodate his numerous and
increasing friends, he has REMOVED to the
spacious premises in Church Street, formerly
occupied by Messrs. Claytons and Co., Bankers,
and directly opposite the Parish Church.
AN ORDINARY EVERY DAY, AT ONE O'CLOCK
HOT JOINTS every hour in the day.
Preston Chronicle 2nd February 1850
Application made for a licence made
by James Cobb, No. 17 Church Street;
Owners: Joseph Bray and Philip Park.
Preston Chronicle 10th August 1850
First Announcement of
COBB'S QUEEN'S HOTEL
CAFE AND RESTAURANT,
Preston Chronicle 2nd November 1850
Preston Chronicle 1st February 1851
BANKRUPTS IN LANCASHIRE
James COBB, Innkeeper
Solicitor; Messrs. Blackhurst & Son.
Assignee: Mr. McKenzie (Manchester)
Preston Chronicle 31st May 1851
9th and 10th July 1851
Sale by Auction of all the
Furniture and Stock-in-trade
of James Cobb
Preston Chronicle 5th July 1851
Mr. James Blackhurst applied to the
Magistrates to allow the licence granted
to Mr. Cobb, of the Queen's Hotel, Church
Street, to remain in abeyance until Mr. Cobb's
assignees transferred it to some other person.
The Magistrates refused.
Preston Chronicle 30th August 1851
James L. Cobb 32 years Innkeeper b. Dorchester, Oxfordshire
Sarah Cobb 29 Wife b. Ardley, Oxfordshire
Arthur C. Cobb 3 Son b. Liverpool
John W.S.B. Cobb 2 Son b. Preston