NEW MATERIAL FROM READERS

Readers who have material that they are prepared to share on this site, should send it to me at srh.steve@aol.co.uk

This could take the form of family history details, stories relating to a property, or a photograph. All additions will be credited in the way you prescribe.


A new addition could benefit YOU! and vice versa; so, please keep it coming.

Tuesday 13 March 2012

SHOVEL AND BROOM, North Road

SHOVEL AND BROOM
North Road
*
MINE HOST:
pre- 1840    Amos Ogden
*
Preston Chronicle 15th February 1840
*
N.B.  I think that 'North Road' should read 'North Street'
I have come across another instance where North Street 
and Patten Street were confused with one another.

There was a 'Shovel and Broom' in Patten Street, and
I have every reason to think that the same has happened
again.

I will include these details on the Patten Street premises as well.
*

No comments:

Post a Comment