NEW MATERIAL FROM READERS

Readers who have material that they are prepared to share on this site, should send it to me at srh.steve@aol.co.uk

This could take the form of family history details, stories relating to a property, or a photograph. All additions will be credited in the way you prescribe.


A new addition could benefit YOU! and vice versa; so, please keep it coming.

Tuesday 14 February 2012

FOX STREET TAVERN, Fox Street

FOX STREET TAVERN
17 Fox Street
*
Later changed its name to "EXCHANGE HOTEL"
I do believe that it had previously been called the "ODDFELLOWS".
*
MINE HOSTS:
1861                  William Albert
1862 - 65           William Fowler   d. 21.6.1867 aged 49 years at the Exchange Hotel.

NOTE:  In 1864 a spirit licence was granted to William Fowler. I think he had moved from
              the FOX AND GOOSE in Bolton Street West in 1861- 62.  I wonder if he brought
              the 'FOX' name with him?

              I think William Albert went to the ODDFELLOWS in Mount Street in 1861. That
              makes me think that the Fox Street Tavern had previously been called the "Oddfellows"
*
*
*
Any information to

No comments:

Post a Comment